1. Watch Marvelys at work in the video below
2. then scroll down to read about more Midwife services
- Preconception care.
- Pregnancy/Birth Services include: personalized prenatal care, labor and birth support, newborn care (first 6 weeks) and postpartum care.
- Annual well Woman care.
Initial Free consultation
- To discuss the midwives training, background, philosophy and style of practice, including her professional disclosures and consent to care, as well as her expectations and limitations.
- To discuss families’ expectations for midwives role in pregnancy and birth.
- To obtain a personal and medical history to determine candidacy for homebirth.
- To determine whether the midwife, the mother, and her partner are suited to work together.
One hour Prenatal Visits
- Thorough medical /OBGYN history
- Physical Exam
- Blood work and urinalysis
- Blood Pressure
- Uterine Growth
- Fetal Heart Rate
- Fetal Position
- Nutrition/Exercise Counseling
- Birth Counseling
- Every four weeks until 28 weeks
- Every two weeks until 36 weeks (1 visit is at your home!)
Every week from 36 weeks on
For circumstances requiring immediate attention.
Labor and Birth Support
- Monitor mothers and baby’s well being
- Comfort measures such as massage, counter-pressure and emotional support
- Facilitates a normal, low risk birth
Immediate Postpartum/Newborn Support
- Monitors mothers and newborn vital signs·
- Complete Newborn Exam
- Assistance with breastfeeding
- 24 hours·
- 10-14 days
- 4 weeks
- 6 weeks
- Breastfeeding support
- Newborn care support
- Unlimited phone support
- Massage therapists
- Childbirth Classes
- Birth Photographer
- Birth and Postpartum Doulas
- Lactation Consultants
- Local Support Groups
Annual Well Woman Care:
- Nutritional and exercise counseling
- Discuss emotional health and habits
- Suggestions to decrease stress and improve quality of life.
- Screening for: High blood pressure, diabetes, kidney function.
- Pap Smear
- Breast exam
- Refer for any blood work,cultures, ultrasound or testing necessary.
Free Consultation for 1st time clients